I don’t do much in terms of modifications to models since I’m always short on time in getting them ready for the table. I made an exception in the case of the Centurion’s spear. I wanted to replace the spear in the metal kit with the one from the plastic warjack kit. As the pictures will attest, I was largely successful.
Who doesn’t want a bigger spear? The weapon on the metal version of Cygnar’s Centurion warjack is ridiculously tiny (seen in the photo below, right side). It’s a toothpick. The version from the plastic kit – now we’re talking. To quote Crocodile Dundee – “That’s not a Piston Spear, THIS is a Piston Spear.”
|Plastic Vs. Metal|
The first step was to remove the spear from the existing metal arm. I used a jewelers saw for this.
|Reminds me of the last season of Justified|
|I went through four blades doing this |
Next, I hogged out more material on the arm with a Dremel tool. The bit I used was less than ideal but it got the job done. I pinned it at the same time.
After pinning, it’s pretty much done. I’ll add some green stuff to fill the gaps once it’s glued up. At this point I still need to wash the parts, which is why I haven’t glued it up. Here’s the final fit.